Monday, February 13, 2006

Random thoughts for Monday

Disclaimer: this post contains nothing useful. (Arguably) useful content will resume shortly.

- My basement, after over six months of work, has finally been converted from a brick and concrete cellar into a fully furnished floor. I'm finally able to move all my crap out of the garage and into the house. This makes doing doctoral research a lot easier, so that I'm not wasting my time while job hunting.

- Of course, my comupter has decided to konk out (power supply is fine, but no post) as of last night. So, so much for that. Hopefully not a big (expensive, time-consuming) problem.

- Rainy dragged me out to a Flamenco dance performance downtown last Friday. Holy fucking shit, those people are good. At the end of the day you're still watching people dance on stage, but holy fucking shit. They make the best tapdancers and Irish step dancers look like they're stumbling around drunk. And the guitarists are flat-out amazing too. If your significant other tries to drag you out to such a performance, I advise you to not resist.

Comments:
$30 diagnosis reveals that one of my two video cards had died, and this somehow prevents the computer from booting. Bring the computer home, and it boots fine, but gives me a message that my keyboard is broken. One $12 keyboard later, I'm back in business. Final toll - $44, one video card in the trash bin, and a few hours of my life.
 
post - power on self test. who do you think reads this thing?
 
Nerds, Hunt. Nerds.

Nice work Droske.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?