Monday, January 23, 2006

Following the herd

So, I'm joining the throngs that are trying out the Air Alert III workout program. (I find it funny that the Air Alert guys insist that you shouldn't use the old, free version, and should in stead pay them a bunch of money for the new and improved version. Sorry guys.) The Rival guys are doing it, along with a bunch of other people I know, and some folks I know have already finished it to great effect.

Supposedly it adds over a foot to your vert. Since I'm typically between first and second knuckle on the rim (if you've never been 6'2" and lanky before, then rest assured, that's not very impressive), a foot should be enough to allow me to dunk with two hands. So, if I can throw it down, I'll consider this a success.

Comments:
What week are you on right now? Did you reach failure on any sets so far? This seems like something i could do in the hotel room while i travel next year assuming that it doesnt disturb the room under me.
 
I have completed the first three weeks. BScott is one week ahead of me. Mark is four or five weeks ahead of me? One of the Rival guys is done with the whole 15 week program.

I have not reached failure (to the point of not being able to complete a set) so far. I delayed Monday of week 3 because I didn't think I was going to be able to complete it without another rest day after the Vegas tournament. I came very close to failure in the last burnout exercise on Friday.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?